Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Step in the Right Direction for Air Tahiti Nui

Air Tahiti Nui plane

Air Tahiti Nui has finally come up with a special air fare that is not an insult to the North American market. I guess NO TOURISTS didn't work for them. Now instead of having a five day vacation, visitors will be able to purchase the special for stays up to 30 days.

If you choose to travel between 11/01/10 to 12/10/10 and 01/07/11 to 03/14/11 you can get a fare of $899 RT from LAX to Papeete plus tax or $988.90 total.

The catch is having to book uncomfortably far in advance, between now and May 7th. Sure I'm tempted but who knows what will happen between now and November. Will the new ferry (post to come about that) still be running and on the same days?  Air Tahiti's (the domestic carrier, not to be confused with Air Tahiti Nui) summer schedule goes into effect November 1st and thus the information available on their Web site may not be accurate. 

When I first read about the fare I got excited but then I realized that I'm the customer and if they want me back they've got to concede even more.  Right now I could buy an airfare to Tahiti for April, this month!, if I agreed to only stay there for five days.  I have to book now and wait till November for a longer vacation?  I'll wait and see what develops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment